Sunday, June 8, 2014

April catch-up

The odd little spikes of Allegheny Spurge.  It took a few years for these to get going but now they are doing well.

Spring Beauty

Hooray - Trout Lily!!  I planted some years ago and this is the first time I've seen a flower.

Wood Poppy - I threw fallen branches in a pile over the winter but the Wood Poppy behaved like a good woodland plant and emerged right through them.

Dutchman's Breeches.  This was such a great find a couple years ago.  I didn't plant it; it just showed up. I think there must have been seed or a bit of root in a plant I bought.  It's in a perfect spot.


Variegated Solomon's Seal emerging.

Trout Lily open in the sun. 

A small set back for spring.

My first year for Bloodroot - someone gave me it last fall.  When closed up, the flowers look like tiny tulips.

Bloodroot open.  When open, they're a bit like eggs.

The emerging spikes of Crested Iris.

No comments: